Pennsylvania Title Insurance Rate and Transfer Tax Calculator

Written by Bill MacDonaldSeptember 8th, 20223 minute read

Pennsylvania title insurance rates are regulated by the PA Department of Insurance — therefore the title insurance premiums are the same with all title insurers.

Anytime Estimate's Pennsylvania Title Insurance calculator will estimate the title insurance premium for purchase and refinance mortgage loans.

For information on the Pennsylvania deed transfer tax, check our our guide to Pennsylvania Transfer Taxes.


Pennsylvania Title Insurance & Closing Cost Calculator

Selling price of property

Loan Amount

Title Insurance Premium

Pennsylvania TRID calculator

CFPB Owner's Title Policy Disclosure Calculation

Basic Owner's Policy (Actual Premium)

Simultaneous Loan Policy (Actual Premium)

Stand-alone Loan Policy (Actual Premium)

CFPB - Owner's Policy Disclosed Amount

Title Insurance Premium Adjustment

TOTAL Title Insurance Premium

Title Insurance Endorsements

Closing Protection Letter

100 No Violation Of Restrictions On Construction

1020 Fnma Balloon

1600 (10-06) Assignment

1620 (39-06) Policy Authentication

300 Survey Exception

400 Manufactured Housing Endorsement

710 (6.2-06) Variable Rate Negative Amort

710 Variable Rate Mortgage

810 Condominium

820 Planned Unit Development

900 (8.1-06) Environmental Protection Lien

Enhanced Coverage Endorsements (6.2, 710, 810, 820, 1030)


Frequently Asked Questions About Pennsylvania Title Insurance

What does Pennsylvania's title insurance rate include?

The Pennsylvania title insurance rate includes the cost of the title search, title examination, escrow and settlement services.

What are Pennsylvania's sale and non-sale title insurance rates?

Prior to July 1, 2012, the State Insurance Department set the rates for Basic, Reissue, Substitution and new construction title insurance policies.

Since July 1, 2012, the title rates are structured as Sale and Non-Sale title rates only. The Sale Rate applies In transactions where both an owner’s policy and a loan policy are being issued simultaneously under a purchase.

The coverage amount is calculated on the greater of the sales price or loan amount. Enhanced coverage may be available to owner-occupants for an additional 10% of the applicable premium.

The Enhanced coverage provides additional protections. The Non-Sale Rate applies when a loan policy is being issued in a refinance, subject to certain exceptions. The title cost is determined by the loan amount.

Who chooses the title company in Pennsylvania?

The buyer usually pays title insurance policy in Pennsylvania, and the buyer has the legal right to select the title company.

Most home buyers take the real estate agent's recommendations on who to use. Some real estate agents have “Affiliated Business Arrangements” with specific title companies.

This affiliation is a legal way for title companies and realtors to share in the title insurance commissions. Real estate agents are required to disclose to the home buyer(s) if he or she has an Affiliated Business Arrangement with a title/settlement company. The notice is usually found in the disclosure papers provided by the agent.

Why do I need a new title insurance policy if I'm refinancing my mortgage?

When you purchased the home, you purchased a title insurance policy that guaranteed the title from the purchase date backward.

Time has passed and you want to refinance your mortgage. The lender needs reassured that nothing has changed since your original title policy.

For example, what if you or your neighbor violated the property boundaries with a fence, or there was a change in ownership (i.e. divorce, ownership addition or deletion).

Recommended Reading