If you're a home buyer, you have questions about which loan program is right for you. Or you may be wondering what closing costs are or how much of a down payment you will need to buy a home. If you've purchased a home previously, you should know that a lot has changed over the last few years. So here's a collection of articles to make you a more informed home buyer.
What is mortgage prequalification?
You hear it from everyone when you want to buy a house. Some people say pre-approval, other people say pre-qualification. Is there a difference? There is a difference, there is a significant difference between the two words and their meaning. Read more
What is APR? Is that my interest rate?
You see it all the time. You see it on the television, on websites, and hear it on the radio. Two interest rates. The proposed interest rate and a second rate called "APR". The APR rate is always higher. So what is it? Read more
How important is your credit score and credit history?
Your credit rating not only impacts your ability to obtain a home loan, but also affects your car insurance, and possibly a new job.
- Credit report and credit score
- What Credit Score Should I Have to Buy a House?
- Home loans for people with bad credit
- How can I check my credit report for free?
- How do credit repair companies fix your credit?
- How to get rid of bad credit history?
- How to remove bad credit from your credit report
- How to repair my credit report myself
- Illegal credit repair tactics
- Legitimate credit repair companies
- What do mortgage lenders look for on credit reports?
- What happens to your credit score when you get married?
- What is on my credit report?
- What is the consumer credit counseling service?
- What is the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)?
- What is the purpose of the fair credit reporting act?
FHA home loan questions & answers
The FHA loan program is one of the most popular mortgages for home buyers, but what do you know about the mortgage program?
- 2021 Maximum FHA loan amount
- Buying an FHA foreclosed home at the HUD home store
- Can I get an FHA loan for a second home? Second home guidelines
- Can you have a cosigner on a FHA loan?
- Debt to income ratio explanation
- FHA back to work program guidelines
- FHA condo approval guidelines & FHA condo approval list
- FHA funding fee, and FHA MIP explanation
- FHA loan calculator with monthly payment & FHA mortgage insurance
- FHA loan residency requirements
- FHA maximum loan limits
- FHA mortgage insurance premium calculation
- FHA non-credit & credit qualifying streamline refinance guidelines
- What are the FHA mortgage requirements?
- What are the pros and cons of FHA loans?
- What is the FHA amendatory clause and real estate certification form
- FHA interest rates today
Conventional home loan questions & answers
- What is the minimum down payment on a conventional loan?
- Conventional 97 loan & calculator
- What is conventional financing?
- 10 differences between FHA and conventional loans
- Maximum conventional loan limits
USDA home loan questions & answers
- USDA loan credit requirements
- USDA mortgage calculator| How much can I afford?
- What is the minimum credit score for a USDA loan?
- Maximum USDA loan limits
VA home loan questions & answers
- Veterans administration loan requirements
- VA loan with bad credit
- VA non allowable closing costs
- Do VA loans have pmi?
- Maximum VA loan limits
- 15-year VA mortgage rates
- Veterans mortgage rates today
Home buyer questions and answers
- Automated underwriting for FHA, VA, USDA & conventional home loans
- Buying a fsbo without an agent
- Can you buy a house with no down payment?
- Did you know that interest rates based on credit score?
- Difference between pmi and mip
- Do I need flood insurance?
- Home equity loan explained with pictures
- Home appraisal information
- How do adjustable-rate mortgages work?
- How do you calculate pmi on a mortgage?
- How much do home inspectors charge?
- How much to offer on a house below asking price?
- How to calculate debt to income ratio for buying a home
- How to calculate per diem interest
- Must see tips for first-time home buyers
- Per diem interest calculator and explanation
- Should I lock my mortgage rate today?
- Should I pay points? How mortgage points work?
- Typical homeowner's insurance cost
- What do closing costs include when buying a house?
- What does a short sale mean for the buyer?
- What is a mortgage?
- What is a hybrid mortgage? | Hybrid loan definition
- What is a jumbo loan?
- What is a Seller Assist? Can the Seller Pay My Closing Costs
- What is title insurance and why do I need it?
- What is the best type of mortgage loan?
- Which credit score is used when buying a house?
Mortgage lender questions and answers
Did you know that the lender can pay a percentage of your closing cost? It's true, and recent changes to the conventional mortgage increased the lender paid closing cost amount. Read more